Sunday, February 20, 2011

Praising God! Psalm 150:6

Meditate with Power!

 
Praising God !



Psalm 150:6 "Let everything that has breath praise the LORD."
Something to Think About: Perhaps today is just a good day to stop and to do as David did when he wrote this song. David's life was a life filled with joy, sorrow, victory, death and at times great sadness due to sin in his life; "Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am in trouble; My eye wastes away with grief, Yes, my soul and my body! 10 For my life is spent with grief, And my years with sighing; My strength fails because of my iniquity, And my bones waste away.11 I am a reproach among all my enemies, But especially among my neighbors, And am repulsive to my acquaintances; Those who see me outside flee from me." Psalm 31:9-11

David experienced great joy and sadness, yet he still knew that it was God who gave him life, loved him, forgave him and ultimately restored and forgave him; "Blessed be the LORD, For He has shown me His marvelous kindness in a strong city! 22 For I said in my haste, “I am cut off from before Your eyes”; Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications When I cried out to You. 23 Oh, love the LORD, all you His saints! For the LORD preserves the faithful, And fully repays the proud person.24 Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the LORD." Psalm 31:21-24

May we be reminded when we awaken or when we go to sleep that our lives are in His hands as we praise God and His care for us; "Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song. Sing his praises in the assembly of the faithful. 2 O Israel, rejoice in your Maker. O people of Jerusalem, exult in your King. 3 Praise His name with dancing, accompanied by tambourine and harp. 4 For the Lord delights in His people; He crowns the humble with victory.5 Let the faithful rejoice that He honors them.Let them sing for joy as they lie on their beds." Psalm 149:1-5 "Let everything that has breath praise the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment